This week’s Sunday Sevens is a couple of week’s worth as I haven’t had chance to get near a computer before now.
To find out more about Sunday Sevens, visit Nat at Threads & Bobbins.
1. The Boys were desperately in need of a haircut……
2. This was the ‘before’!
3. All No.3’s curls have gone! N0.3 wanted me to cut his hair ‘long’.
4. The Boys are eating the crackling, which I cut off the pork belly before cooking what is possibly the tastiest meal ever.
5. I managed to get around to making a friend’s curtains which she has been waiting for for ages.
6. No.1 Son also wanted a haircut before we all went camping. I did the ‘Mad Woman Let Loose With A Pair Of Scissors’ impression.
7. I whipped up some simple bunting for the tents using some scraps out of my ‘less than 4″ square scrap bag’. Come on, I know I’m not the only one who can’t bear to throw away even the tiniest piece of fabric.
8. Talking of camping, No.1 Son went a day earlier and took both the tents as there wouldn’t be enough room in my little car (Mr H-L’s big car was in the garage). At the last minute, the garage rang to say they’d fixed the Merc. Bonus!
9. Camping with all three sons and N0.1’s girlfriend.
10. Everyone needs a bit of bunting on their tents. And homemade picnic rug and crocheted blankets.
11. Standard camping breakfast – sausages!
12. Family selfie at Hurlstone Point overlooking Porlock Bay.
13. The Boys chose their own fabric for their sewing lesson projects.
14. Hanson’s fabric warehouse in Sturminster Newton was in the midst of putting up all manner of things outside their shop for Yarnbombing Day.
15. The nearby open spaces were also duly adorned with knitted and crocheted works of art. The Boys couldn’t resist touching everything.
16. I’m still working steadily on the knitted baby shawl. At this point I think I was two thirds of the way in with 60 hours under my belt and over 70,000 stitches to date.
17. The Boys went back to school, everyone went back to work and I went to the café all on my own for a bit of peace and quiet and well earned coffee and cake.