Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series showing your week outside the blog.
1. On the drive home from our girl’s weekend away in Cornwall, we stopped in this café in an old bus for coffee.
2. While we were away relaxing in a hot tub, Mother’s Day came and went. I opened my suitcase to find this card from No.3 Son – “Happy 27th Mother’s Day” referring to the age of his older sister. It took me a while to work that out! No idea why he’s written “Joe” on it, as that’s No.1 Son’s name – love it!
3. Meanwhile, back home, No.2 Son was back at school, but he had made me this lovely mug, painted both inside and out with nice things.
4. And underneath……!
5. A day out in Bath with my daughter for our birthday – but no photos as I left my ‘phone at home (again) and she STILL hasn’t sent me the photos she took. (If you’re reading this H-R, consider it a reminder!) This was taken the next day at our new favourite café. Yes, Tess is curled up in front of the wood burner as usual.
6. I finally found a pair of navy boots that I quite like so I bought them as they were half price and I love a bargain:)
7. We popped into The Trading Barn just outside Wincanton which supports local makers and traders.
8. I love Tamsin G’s work – check out her shop on Folksy.
9. Our Thursday Knit ‘n’ Natter includes this brave chap who was knitting socks. Check out the ones he’s wearing…..
10. ….I recognised them immediately as the Saxifrage pattern by Rachel Coopey that I have recently knitted in purple. How geeky is it to admit/know that?!
11. I haven’t had time to do much in the way of crafty stuff this past week ‘cos I’ve managed to stretch out the birthday celebrations for ten days, but I did get around to joining the first forty squares of this blanket.
21. Every maker’s dream – knitting books and knitted bits and bobs from my late grandmother were passed onto me to enjoy.
22. The Big Party!
23. I had not one, but TWO fantastic birthday cakes!
24. Far too many photos to share here, but here’s one with my sister who, at just eleven months older, is also 50!
25. Did you spot the necklace in the previous photo? This was from some yarn-mad girlfriends – they know me well and noticed all the love I’d given it on IG, so went and bought it for me! If you want your own (who wouldn’t), you can buy it here.
26. The morning after, we woke up to more snow.
27. There was nothing for it so, whilst waiting for the roads to clear enough for everyone to drive home, we walked to the pub with obligatory snowball fights en route.
28. Brother-in-law was targeted!
29. Refreshments and a warm up before walking home again.
30. No.3 Son curled up by the wood burner with Tess, still tired after such a late night.
31. This face was the result of a huge lick across the face from the new pub puppy.
The husband would quite like to get another dog as Tess is still missing Fifi’s company, but I’m not at all convinced, so watch this space….