Linking up with Natalie at Threads & Bobbins for another Sunday Sevens….
- I held the first of two Christmas Present Workshops for children. Yes, it might have been 18°C and sunny, but we managed to feel extremely festive what with the Christmas tree, hats and carols playing on the CD player all day long.
2. Seven girls went home tired but happy after six hours of sewing handmade gifts, all wrapped and ready to put under the tree.
3. This is a sample I made that I’m actually commandeering for my Ray-Bans:)
4. We made the most of some glorious Autumnal weather by taking The Boys out for a long walk. It struck me that the sun is so low in the sky now at midday that it casts long shadows.
5. Boy fun.
6. Walking through a field full of inquisitive steers isn’t everyone’s idea of fun, but we don’t mind.
7. Having worked up an appetite, we had a pub lunch afterwards.
8. Inspired by the seafood pasta dish in the pub, I cooked up a fish head we had in the freezer and turned it into a tasty seafood soup.
9. More creative goodies were finished by the kids in sewing classes this week.
10. I even managed to squeeze in a 4 hour 1:1 session with a keen adult student.
11. A new knit’n’natter session started at a local café and the first three of us to arrive all happened to have a mustard coloured project on our needles.
12. The first pair of Christmas Present socks are blocked and ready to wrap…..
13. …..and the next pair are well under way.
14. I’m just about to start on the heel flap of the second sock so am hoping to have this pair wrapped by the end of the week, too.
15. I’ve actually managed to add a few inches to Hubby’s jumper, mostly at the knit’n’natter as it requires little concentration at this stage.
16. A couple of non-yarn Christmas presents have been sewn, too. Here’s just a glimpse so as not to spoil the surprise.
18. You may remember the jumper and hat I made for our granddaughter’s birthday a couple of weeks ago?
Well, there’s the option to make a matching set for Teddy, so – why wouldn’t you?
19. We took The Boys to the cinema to watch the newly released film “Johnny English Strikes Again”. Very silly and very enjoyable, like the previous ones.
20. Whilst the latest of our B+B guests went down the pub for supper, we had some friends round, one of whom had just accepted a new job and brought some bubbly to celebrate with.
You don’t have to look too closely to see that I have three glasses on the go at the same time:)
21. The next morning we opened the bedroom curtains to find a car parked on the lawn.
It turns out that our guests didn’t know that all the parking areas belong to us and they were afraid of blocking someone in or getting clamped!
22. Just a random picture of Tess because it’s a cute way to finish.
See you next week!