Sunday again already? Where did THAT week go?!
Time for #sundaysevens then, a round up of your week in seven photos as thought up by Nat at Threads & Bobbins. Click here to find out more and join in – everyone’s welcome!
1. This arrived from Amazon – soon to be translated into Christmas presents for two little girls.
2. Crochet night at a friend’s house, accompanied by Prosecco and homemade raspberry vodka.
3. Amber, our hen with the broken leg, is feeling better. She wanted to go outside and spent a happy hour pecking away and dust bathing.
4. Then the others came over and started bullying her, the way hens do when one of their flock is injured.
She was pecked on the wattle and head quite badly before we saw the attack. I brought her inside again and now we only let her out to scratch around while the others are cooped up.
Trouble is, hens get depressed without other hens for company. We solve this issue by leaving the french windows slightly ajar so she can ‘talk’ to them in safety. They chirrup away quite happily to each other!
She has progressed from hopping on one leg to limping on two, so we are hopeful that she will recover enough to reunite her with the rest of the flock in a few weeks, when she is strong enough to stand up for herself and peck back!
Just look at that pile of Aran yarn waiting to be transformed into something magical – I’ve got until mid October to complete this project but I’m not sure if that’s going to be enough time!
6. Ah, a lovely liqueur coffee brought to me by the wonderful Mr H-L while I was watching my favourite new discovery, “The Suspicions Of Mr Whicher”. He knows the way to my heart!
7. It’s finished! My fuschia linen dress that will be blogged about soon.
That’s it for this week – next week I’m in Cornwall with the girls, celebrating the first one of our group to reach fifty. No, not me – I’ve got three years to go yet.
It’s going to be a messy week…..!