The weeks seem to be getting even busier all of a sudden, if that’s even possible. Linking up with Nat at Threads & Bobbins for another #sundaysevens.
- This amazing Gingerbread House is available to order in our local Little Cake Shop for just £22.00! I’m going to order one in an effort to cut down on the things I have to make for Christmas.
2. The Boys wrote their letters to Father Christmas. No.2 Son put a note at the bottom that reads, “Send this to God/Jesus: Forgiveness, Love and that you will listen to me (I believe)”. How sweet?
3. Amber likes to come in and warm up in front of the fire. Roast chicken, anyone?
4. These earrings arrived – they’re going into the parcel for the sewing #stitchingsanta. Anyone fancy them?
5. Took Mr. H-L to Holbrook House for his (49th) birthday lunch – it was very Christmassy in the (very grand) entrance hall.
6. We started with a bottle of bubbly by the fire.
7. We had a fabulous three course lunch in the restaurant…
7-ish. ….and finished off with cognac and coffee back by the fire in the Hall.
7-ish ish. We had cake and more bubbly with the kids in the evening.
7-plus-a-few. I made, from the left: bags of fudge, Medlar Jelly and Chilli Jam for the PTA stall at the school Christmas Fair yesterday. This photo was taken part way through the day, but they all sold!
I’ve stopped counting now.
No.2 Son’s team won 12-0 at football – he scored 8 goals and won Man Of The Match!
It was our annual Christmas Supper in the Village Hall last night, organised by the Hall Committee of which I’m a member. We had a communal veg peeling session on Friday, but my personal home-cooked contributions were 130 Devils-on-horseback, bread sauce for 70, 12 Pots au Chocolat (laced with Bailey’s) and a marbled Baked Chocolate Cheesecake.
No.2 Son ate eleven sprouts.
No.3 Son went up FOUR times for pudding!!!
I’m having a pyjama day today and will continue making gifts all day in my dressing gown – I think I’ve earned it!