Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series started by Nat at Threads & Bobbins – why not go and see how it works and how you can join in?
4. Mr H-L and I shared a seafood platter at the pub – it was lush!
5. Fifi had prime position in the pub window. She loves to watch people walk by.
6. Bagged these two bargainous ‘as new’ books from the charity shop. I bought the DIY one for No.1 Son only to find out I’d already bought him the same book some weeks ago:)
7. This amazing cross stitch was going for a song in the same charity shop so I snapped it up.
8. Just £6.50 for all that work – criminal.
9. I reckon there’s at last a year’s hard labour gone into that.
10. After a glorious day on Good Friday on which all the french windows in the house were flung open all day, the rain came on Saturday. It didn’t stop The Boys playing cricket in the garden, though.
11. We spotted two pairs of extra long full length curtains in a second hand shop, originating from some grand country house or other.
12. A considerable investment but a bargain at the same time. All interlined and lined, they’re such good quality that they’re going to be dry cleaned and stored until they find a new home in our future B&B.
13. We stayed with my brother at the weekend and had cocktails down the pub.
14. On the way home we were faced with cattle walking on the road through Burrington Combe – not a usual occurrence and they were lucky not to be hit.
15. Mr H-L and No.1 Son started stripping the wallpaper off the walls in our guest room. We haven’t decorated it in nearly ten years and it was looking a bit tired to say the least.
Well, that was part of my week, although I’ve got lots more to share in blog posts of their own to follow soon, including progress on the guest room decorating front. Talking of which…..back to the sanding down!