Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series showing seven-or-so photos of your week outside the blog. I’ve been participating for over three years now and you can join in if you want! Follow the link to Threads & Bobbins to find out how.
1. It’s hard to believe that just a few weeks ago temperatures were registering -7C when this past week it’s been 23C – that’s 30 degrees warmer!! We soon admitted defeat and sought shelter from the heat inside the pub.
I’m wearing the lace cardigan that I made a couple of years ago.
2. This little enamel pin arrived from Helen at Yan-Tan-Tethera Yarns – perfect for a sock knitting addict like me and I love it!
3. Excuse the hair – I’d just got out of the shower and the sun was out so we had brunch outside for the first time this year.
4. That same night we also had our first barbeque, determined to make the most of the warm weather while it’s here.
5. My sister sent me some photos of her painting holiday – aren’t they brilliant?
6. She’s kindly agreed to paint some Exmoor scenes for our b+b when we move.
7. At Knit ‘n’ Natter, Hugh brought in his fair isle cardigan that he’s been working on for six months. You can clearly see where he’s going to do the steeking for the sleeves – a technique that leaves me full of admiration.
8. That makes my socks look a bit less impressive, I must admit. Still, I’m on to the second one so should easily get them finished in time for my brother’s birthday next month.
9. I took Mr H-L to Pip’s Railway Carriage, a unique tearoom in Watergore, as he hadn’t been before and I often wax lyrical about it.
10. Using the sun-dried tomato sauce and pumpkin seed pesto that we bought from the tearoom, I cooked supper for some friends. Polenta, hot-smoked salmon and halloumi, with pea shoots, in case you were wondering what on Earth it was.
11. Pudding was this dark chocolate mousse cake brushed with edible gold – lush!
12. Our latest b+b guests were able to enjoy breakfast in the garden.
13. Finally, I took The Boys shopping for some Summer clothes. Don’t you just love how they each embrace their individual styles?!