Time for another Sunday Sevens – a weekly blog series showing your week in photos. Linking up with Nat at Threads & Bobbins.
We had my four children, two step-daughters, all of their partners, and our gorgeous granddaughter to stay at the weekend, and took the obligatory annual photo as proof!
1. While most went to watch The Boys play football, I took two of them and The Baby to Sherborne for the morning – here they are outside The Abbey.
2. Of course, we had a coffee-and-cake stop in a café. Do you think she’s enjoying her first taste of a jam tart?
3. No.1 Son bought these chocolates for me. I don’t like anything sweet as a rule, but these were amazing!
4. As many of you already know, I share a birthday with my daughter. We spent the day together at our favourite place, Summer Lodge.
5. A full body and head massage was the BEST way to while away an hour and a half, followed by leisurely morning using the spa facilities.
6. Hubby also treated us to the most incredible three-course lunch. Smoked duck breast with various different forms of apple, all steeped in alcohol anyone?
7. Mr H-L and I also managed to sneak a little lunch out on our own later in the week.
8. But……most of the week was dedicated to building work and, at last – decorating. The Koi Carp wallpaper went up in the downstairs loo!
9. I also finished gilding the mirror that will add the perfect touch of bling to the already-quite-bling wallpaper.
10. Did I mention that we are having our en suite done at the same time? Oh, the dust…….
12. Do you remember that I mentioned I was searching for some mirrors, specifically the frameless type from the Forties? Well, this is what I had in mind – a wall of mirrors above the sink unit. Although the en suite isn’t quite finished, I was desperate for hubby to put the mirrors up and he kindly obliged. It was no mean feat, taking over two hours to get just right, but I already love the overall effect. En suites are modern by the very concept, and the old mirrors tone the modern-ness down a bit, especially as most of them are chipped or rusty in part.
13. I’ve still managed to squeeze in a bit of sewing which is a miracle. It’s actually for a Minerva blog post and is overdue, so I must try to finish it today.
14. I’ve completed the ribbing on the socks, too, but still need to sit down and google “see-through wellies”!!