Thank you to Beth at After Dark Sewing for nominating me for The Liebster Award which I proudly accept!
Beth is a young mum who fits in her love of crafting around her small daughters and consequently finds herself sewing after dark. Check out her blog for some inspirational posts:)
(To find out more about The Liebster Award, follow the link and use Google Translate)
These are the questions Beth asked me: –
1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Time Travel. The ability to travel back in time (not forward – too scary) and witness history in the making – how cool would that be?
2. Which movie would you watch over and over?
The Blues Brothers. I have no idea how many times I’ve watched it, suffice to say that my children quote from it so they must have seen it a few times too.
“It’s 106 miles to Chicago. We’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark, and we’re wearing sunglasses.”
3. If you could be granted three wishes, what would you wish for?
Health, Wealth and Happiness for those in my life. Predictable, but true.
4. Coffee or tea?
Both actually – but only if they’re good. Could never drink instant coffee – we buy our own beans and grind from scratch. I currently have seven, no, eight, different types of tea staring at me from the shelf, our “everyday” choice being Earl Grey.
5. What are your pet hates?
Incorrect and lazy use of the English language! “Could of” instead of “Could have” etc. etc. Bad grammar and punctuation drive me insane! Bad table manners; Knorking (using the fork as both a knife and fork), ‘phones at the table etc. Cheap loo roll (nuff said!).
6. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Red. Read what you will into that!!!
7. What’s the story behind your blog name?
It’s an amalgamation of my two favourite hobbies, Sewing and Crochet – Sewchet. Simple!
8. Do you have any pets?
Yes; two dogs, six hens, a cockerel and a tank full of fish. Growing up as one of four, my mother said she had enough to do looking after us without having pets to worry about, so we never had pets as children. As soon as I bought my first house at nineteen I overdosed on the pet front with rats, cats and dogs and have never looked back! Ideally, we’d buy the field behind our house and have a smallholding……
9. Are you a lark or an night owl?
I am utterly rubbish in the mornings as my husband will testify. I would much rather have an extra ten minutes in bed in the morning than get up in time to run a brush through my hair before the school run!
10. What was your favourite television programme as a child?
We didn’t have a television when I was a child!!! Although I used to absolutely love Mary, Mungo and Midge (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f0oHGkVoPA) which I watched at my Grandma’s house when I could. We inherited our first (black and white!) television in 1980 when I was twelve and we moved into the cottage where my father was born and raised.
Now it’s my turn to pass on the blogging baton – if you wish to accept the award there are a few simple rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award and follow that blog.
2. Display the (pink) Liebster Award on your blog.
3. Answer ten questions about yourself.
4. Nominate ten more bloggers (with less than 200 followers). Inform them by commenting on their blog. You must also follow them to help spread the word!
Don’t forget to check out the other great blogs in the list!
Here are my questions for you: –
1. What is your favourite film quote?
2. What was the first thing you made?
3. Which three words best describe you?
4. Which is your favourite blog and why?
5. Do you have a favourite post from your archives? Why not share the link again.
6. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
7. How did you meet your partner?
8. Describe your house.
9. Sewing or Crochet?
10. Which celebrity would be top of your guest list for a dinner party?
And the nominations are….
Here’s hoping you all get lots of new interested followers to your blogs – and maybe even find some great new ones to follow yourselves!