I’ve had a busy week of making and haven’t had time to do much else really, so this week’s Sunday Sevens is a bit different. Instead of showing you things that I have made or done, I thought I’d showcase seven things I bought at a craft fair this week by other talented craftspeople. Hop over to Natalie at Threads and Bobbins to see what this link up is all about.
1. A beautiful felt poppy hairband which I am going convert to a brooch by removing the elastic and adding a pin. The beads in the centre really sparkle in the light and I love the inventive use of an old map as a means of presentation.
2. Simple wire hearts with a colourful bead by Helen Bagwell at Longfield Designs – these will look pretty on my Christmas tree.
3. Two painted, handcrafted wooden door wedges – so simple, but I love them.
4. A cute pair of wristwarmers in wonderfully soft yarn.
5. A brilliant reinvention of used carrier bags – knitted eco bags! These were being made and sold for charity so I just had to buy one.
6. Admittedly I had intended to make something similar for No.3 son, but it’s such a fabulous set and entirely handmade for just £6.00 that I saved myself a task!
7. Anyone who has ever “owned” a cat will understand.
I’m chuffed with my purchases and pleased to support local crafters in a small way, although everything was totally underpriced for the hours that had gone into creating such unique items. I paid the grand sum of £23.50 for everything!
Have you bought anything from other crafters recently?