For those of you that are new to this concept, this is how Nat from Threads and Bobbins describes it: –
“Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series where you post 7 photos from your week. Sometimes things happen in our lives that aren’t worth a full blog post but are worth sharing, so here is the blog series to do just that!”
Without further ado, here is my week in summary.
1. Snowdrops, snowdrops, everywhere!
2. No.2 Son wanted to make something for his little brother, so he embroidered his name onto some felt!
3. Climbing trees – fun for boys of all ages:)
4. Trying to get a normal photograph of hubby keeping our 12 year old Yorkie warm whilst sitting outside (!) for a pub meal. Here we have the whole gamut of facial expressions. That’s why I never ask him to pose for a photograph – it takes forever!
5. A really rather dreadful photo of Stourhead.
Note to self: next time, don’t use your iPhone on full zoom just because you’re too lazy to get the camera out of your bag!
6. Some completely fabuloso porcelain mugs that I bought in Makers gallery in Bristol. The artist is Jessica Thorne, a student at Plymouth University (where my son is in his final year, incidentally). She doesn’t have a website yet but you can ogle her gorgeous collection on Tumblr.
7. Italian Chocolate Truffles – I promised someone (sorry, can’t recall who!) that I would share the recipe, so here it is: –
175g/6oz plain chocolate
2 tbsp Cointreau or Grand Marnier
40g/1 1/2oz butter
5 tbsp icing sugar
cocoa powder to dust
Melt chocolate with Cointreau in microwave (gently!), then stir in the butter until it has melted.
Stir in the icing sugar. Leave in a cool place until firm enough to roll into 24 balls.
Roll in cocoa powder and chill in the fridge.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend ‘cos it’s back to school on Monday!