Welcome to this week’s #sundaysevens, as thought up by Nat over at Threads & Bobbins – a weekly blog series featuring seven photographs of your week to show a bit more about the person behind the blog. Why not hop over to see what it’s all about and maybe join in too?
Nine photos this week…..
- Mr H-L decided to make those sloes go even further. We used the same sloes to make sloe gin last year, re-used them to make sloe port this year and here he is using them for the last time to make sloe port cheese, a kind of jam to go with cheese.
It took him ALL DAY.
2. A good friend came round for supper while his wife is away on a nursing elective in Nepal for six weeks. This is my take on the old classic Prawn Cocktail.
3. I gave The Boys a long overdue haircut….
4. ….that’s better!
5. We had a family get together at my sister’s to celebrate my niece’s eighteenth birthday.
6. Her dad made the cake!
7. Baby Lilah all dressed up for this year’s Children In Need. A record breaking £37million raised on Friday night alone!
8. I organise a Christmas Craft Fayre every year in our Village Hall. We raised a more modest £322 for the Hall funds.
9. No.2 Son went off this morning at 8am to help out at the stables. He’s wearing the new jodhpurs and riding boots he had for his birthday last week, although wellies and tracksuit bottoms would probably be more suitable for a day’s mucking out!
How was your week? Has anyone made a square for the ‘Crochet For Calais‘ refugees yet? I’m on my third:)