Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series where you show seven-ish photos of your week. Visit Nat at Threads & Bobbins to find out how YOU can join in.
- We took The Boys to a local farm to choose our Christmas Tree. Don’t you just love the farmer’s hat with tractors on it?
2. The tree stood in the corner of the dining room for a couple of days before we had time to do anything with it ( I was sewing). In the end the men put it up in the corner of the lounge.
3. Another day passed before No.1 Son realised it wasn’t going to decorate itself so got into his Santa Onesie and did it by himself (whilst I carried on sewing…..)
4. No.3 Son decorated the little ‘fake’ tree that we put up in the kitchen room each year whilst dressed up in a Prince’s outfit, as you do.
Meanwhile, I did some sewing.
5. Remember those Angel costumes I made last week for The Boy’s Nativity? We went to said production on Tuesday. What you can see in the photo is the ENTIRE school which amounts to 100 kids aged 4-11.
6. One of the activities in the advent calendar was to get into PJs and drive around looking at the Christmas lights.
7. The Boys took flasks of hot chocolate and I took a glass of Bailey’s:)
8. On Wednesday I started my ball gown for Mr H-L’s annual company ‘do’.
The ‘do’ was two days later.
There were 78 pattern pieces.
It took me over three hours just to cut it out…..
9. My Thursday class finished their skirts in time for Christmas and were VERY pleased with themselves!
10. I was also very pleased with MYSELF as I finished the dress with an hour to spare on Friday morning. Here it is all lined and ready for the corset to be sewn in.
11. Hubby and I drove the two and a half hours to Stanhill Court Hotel where the company puts us all up overnight and where the party is held.
12. Here’s a sneak peek of my dress laid out ready on the bed.
13. We stopped at the services on the way home to rehydrate after the previous night’s excesses. A brass band was playing Christmas carols for charity so we sat outside and enjoyed the music for a while.
14. This morning I’m getting on with the last of my #stitchingsanta gifts which involves glue and……