Another Sunday, another Sunday Sevens, as dreamed up by Nat at Threads & Bobbins – click on the link to find out how you can join in.
- I ordered some more gorgeous wool by Juniper Moon Farm to make a matching scarf for the bobble hat I made myself last week.
2. It’s my own design so I’ll share the pattern if anyone’s interested.
3. More yarn arrived in the post, this time with two faux fur pom poms which are OK but nothing like as fabulous as the real fur ones from Toft. At just £2.95 for two though, they are good value compared to £8 each for the Toft ones.
4. Brown bobble hat (as requested by my daughter) already finished!
5. Beanie well underway for No.1 Son in his choice of olive green.
6. We had haggis for Burn’s night. It never looks particularly attractive but we love it the traditional way with neeps and tatties.
7. Saw lots of snowdrops in full bloom whilst walking the dogs.
8. Managed to grab this rubbish photo on my ‘phone of a kestrel that likes to perch on the shed roof. We get loads of birds of prey in the garden as we back onto open farmland – you should see the size of the buzzards!!
9. My son’s not the only one with an eye for a bargain – I snapped up this pretty little cabinet in a charity shop for £30. It’s going to house some of my vintage china.
10. The local parish magazine did an article on ‘entrepreneurs’ and invited me to put a piece together about my sewing school.
11. The Boys have progressed to jumping. Freddy’s little pony thinks he’s a show jumper and clears the tiny jumps with a foot to spare!
12. Bertie’s larger pony doesn’t put in quite so much effort.
That’s it for this week – I’d better get in the shower now before the Tesco delivery arrives. No doubt there will be a knock on the door just as I get in…