Originally thought up by Nat at Threads & Bobbins, Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series showing seven photos of life outside the blog.
- Tess and I went for a lovely walk in the warm Autumn sunshine.
2. We passed this caravan that had just been dumped at the side of the road. I was sorely tempted to tow it home and do it up, but it looked to be beyond repair.
3. Spare egg whites were used up to make a pavlova for tea.
4. All that sugar was tempered with a good old healthy stir fry.
5. Creative-wise this week, I made this lovely lilac coat from some faux sheepskin that I fell in love with. I’ll do a blog post as soon as hubby has taken some pictures of me wearing it.
6. A bit late as I could have done with this handy little tool while making three pairs of socks recently, but I bought this Kitchener stitch aid from Rosie’s Moments on Etsy.
7. Mr H-L and I went out for lunch as he was starving after fasting for a hospital check up.
9. Fifi sleeps on our bed every night but didn’t want to get up one morning so I had to make the bed around her!
10. Tess isn’t so spoiled and sleeps downstairs in a proper dog box. She still likes to be close by whenever possible though, and here she is sat on a cushion straddling two armchairs in an effort to be as close to me as she can get whilst I crochet.
11. No.2 Son came home from boarding school this weekend and was happy to give both dogs plenty of attention. Rolling straight on to their backs for a tummy tickle, you can almost feel the contentment they’re emanating.
12. Friday night was carnival night in our local town, albeit with fewer floats than ever before.
13. The Boys wrapped up warm just in case, but it was a very mild night.
14. More crocheting in the car whilst No.2 son played football.
15. This is how the Eastern Jewels blanket is shaping up so far.
I’m religiously crocheting/weaving the ends in as I go so I’m not left with a monumental task at the end. In fact, I’m even crocheting each block together as I go so I can see quick progress!
Finally, for anyone that hasn’t yet spotted it, sign up for this year’s Stitching Santa is open until 31st October.
To join in or to find out more, click on the link.