This week’s Sunday Sevens comes from a Super Soggy Somerset…..
1. Reluctant to let a “drop” of rain keep us inside, we decided to go for a one hour walk. Note that I said ONE hour.
The footpaths were a little on the wet side.
2. Impassable in places unless you wore wellies. Luckily, we did.
3. Even the roads were flooded and still it rained. This photo was taken ONE hour in, by which time we were soaked through to the skin.
4. Snowdrops were emerging everywhere and looked so pretty covered in raindrops.
5. THREE AND A HALF hours later, we got back to the café from where we started. Yup, his internal sat nav appeared to have temporarily broken down and we got utterly lost. Even my knickers were wet through, so we hogged the woodburner and drank lots of coffee/hot chocolate while we warmed up. Can you see Tess curled up right in front of the fire? She wasn’t AT ALL impressed on the walk, so much so that she refused to go out the next day!
6. Back home, hubby immediately lit the fire and I put on my cosy pink handknit socks.
7. Talking of socks, this pair was finished and blocked. The yarn was a Stitching Santa gift from Bekki at The Dartmoor Yarn Company.
8. No.3 Son had claimed these before I’d even finished knitting them. Here he is wearing them, all (un)dressed in his PJs just before going to school for a Bedtime Story event.
His headmaster now wants a pair:)
9. You may have noticed in the last photo that No.3 Son has had a much needed haircut!
10. We walked to the pub one rare dry afternoon after Tess had deigned to step foot outside of the house again.
11. Burn’s Night was kept the traditional way with haggis, neeps and tatties with a whisky cream sauce.
12. Craftwise, I cast on my second sock.
13. A little beaded crochet was completed, too.
14. We met up with my Auntie (who lives in Spain) in Nottingham for the weekend, where we had been invited to a 50th birthday party. After a hard day’s shopping, we shared a tapas board in a bar nearby.
15. The birthday boy’s cake, complete with the Cornish flag and Cornish pasties to celebrate his origins.
16. That night was The Party….and this was the only photo taken with me in it, so I thought I’d better show you.
16. A happy end to the week as Fifi came home and took up her rightful place on the sofa next to Tess.
It’s nice having her back:)