Only a day late, but trying to get back into the swing of things with another Sunday Sevens.
1. No.3 Son and his dance partner gained medals in their latest Latin and Ballroom competition – 2nd and 4th places in Waltz and Jive respectively.
2. It’s Somerset Art Weeks at the moment and I spent a day visiting some of the exhibitions with my sister and mother. This particular exhibition was in a converted barn on a farm where there were hungry piglets feeding.
3. My sister and I asked the artist to pose for a picture in front of some of her sketches.
4. Back home we’re still getting bookings for b+b guests well into October, so I’m kept very busy with laundry/cleaning/cooking.
5. I keep expecting business to die out for the season, but if more guests give us a bottle of bubbly from their own village in Italy as a ‘Thank you”, then I don’t mind!
6. Jumper weather isn’t here just yet, but I resurrected this make from a couple of years ago which has never been worn because I wasn’t happy with the way the seams were finished – so I unpicked them all.
7. Ready to be put back together with a better method of joining this time.
8. Following on from last week’s Christmas present make of a jumper, I cast on again.
9. This will be a really striking and unusual asymmetric poncho, also destined to be a Christmas present. And if they don’t like it – I do! This one will be hard to give away.
10. I cast on another present as well, in these two colours.
12. Progress as of Sunday night is looking good.
13. I finally wrapped up and sent off The Wedding Blanket to its new owners, who have since received it and sent their thanks.
I’m really focused on Christmas presents now and feel like I’ve made some good progress this last couple of weeks – how are you getting on with yours?