Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series devised by Natalie over at Threads & Bobbins – check out the link to see what it’s all about and how YOU can join in.
1. Despite being just too busy to go out for meals lately, we managed to squeeze in a quick lunch at our local. Not much in the way of conversation was actually had as hubby was working most of the time (note his TWO ‘phones on the table). Still, it’s nicer than our office at home:)
2. Ham Hock Terrine with Quail’s Eggs, Piccalilli, Pea Shoots and Sourdough…..menu idea for the future B&B perhaps? It was delicious.
3. Talking of which, I read this book from cover to cover and emerged even more impatient to get going.
4. I don’t suppose I’ll have chance to get breakfast in bed for much longer….
5. ….thanks Hubby!
6. In spite of eating well I’ve managed to lose a stone without even trying. Must be all that nervous energy – either that or knitting is the best form of exercise going!
Trouble is, my clothes still fit but my watch is now too big and I never had fat wrists in the first place!
7. A rare day out with No.2 Son. No, this isn’t our lounge, it’s Clara’s Cottage in Weston-Super-Mare museum – a cottage restored to its 1900 origins.
8. Teaching two ladies to sew. They were dressmaking novices so it was great to show them what they were capable of with a little encouragement.
9. The Wedding Blanket in situ – I’m so pleased it fits in with their decorating scheme.
10. Happy Mail came in the form of these two parcels of yarn from Love Knitting. All are destined to become Christmas presents.
11. I know what you’re thinking – why am I ordering more when I’ve still got so much on the go? Well, there has been ample progress on the WIP pile…
…the poncho is twice the size it was last week….
12. ….I re-sewed my polo neck jumper with seams that make me happy enough to finally wear it.
13. I finished the jumper…..
14. …and made a matching hat, but just couldn’t squeeze any more hours out of the week to make the matching Teddy Bear’s ensemble.
15. I’ll leave you with the cutest little model showing off her birthday present – it fits!
October 9, 2018 at 10:46 am
LikeLiked by 1 person
October 9, 2018 at 10:51 am
Definitely, even more so because I couldn’t be at her party and hubby took this photo for me😀💕
LikeLiked by 1 person
October 9, 2018 at 11:02 am
Aww! She’s precious! That ensemble will keep her toasty warm! Congrats on the weight loss. Busy busy!
October 9, 2018 at 5:40 pm
That pink jumper and hat is absolutely gorgeous – as is the model of course.
Seeking out menu ideas for the B & B is the perfect excuse to eat out – not that you usually need one – call it ‘research’.
You’ve reminded me that I love and adore pea shoots – they don’t sell them round here so I keep meaning to grow them myself. Must buy some dried peas very soon.
October 9, 2018 at 7:00 pm
I was thinking your hubby is looking a little leaner in his photo – so you two must be even more on the go than usual. Hope is all proceeding well with the B&B plans and will come to fruition in due course. The pink outfit is adorable – the heat especially appeals to me – and of course the little model, utterly cute!!
October 9, 2018 at 8:49 pm
How sweet is the knitted two piece – also very jealous of the wedding blanket.
October 9, 2018 at 10:34 pm
Love the little model at the end! The hat and jumper are just gorgeous – I can believe how quickly you knitted them! And that wedding blanket is just stunning!
October 10, 2018 at 9:16 am
She is adorable, just like a little doll. 🙂 and you can always keep the teddy outfit for Christmas gifting.
The lunch looked wonderful. Definitely a good idea for your own place. So did your breakfast. 🙂
A lovely crafty week, which is always appreciated.
Have a great rest of the week, and I hope the weather is still treating you kindly.
October 10, 2018 at 10:47 am
Looks like you have been having a great, if somewhat, busy week.
The finished projects look great and the model is so very cute in that outfit.
October 10, 2018 at 7:06 pm
That pub lunch looked divine Sheila! You must’ve had sparks coming off your needles!!! You are a machine producing all that beautiful work… and as for your little model – what a cutie.
LikeLiked by 1 person
October 11, 2018 at 2:07 pm
Crafting takes my mind off the stress of our situation – the more stress, the quicker I seem to knit!!