Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series devised by Natalie over at Threads & Bobbins – check out the link to see what it’s all about and how YOU can join in.
1. Despite being just too busy to go out for meals lately, we managed to squeeze in a quick lunch at our local. Not much in the way of conversation was actually had as hubby was working most of the time (note his TWO ‘phones on the table). Still, it’s nicer than our office at home:)
2. Ham Hock Terrine with Quail’s Eggs, Piccalilli, Pea Shoots and Sourdough…..menu idea for the future B&B perhaps? It was delicious.
3. Talking of which, I read this book from cover to cover and emerged even more impatient to get going.
4. I don’t suppose I’ll have chance to get breakfast in bed for much longer….
5. ….thanks Hubby!
6. In spite of eating well I’ve managed to lose a stone without even trying. Must be all that nervous energy – either that or knitting is the best form of exercise going!
Trouble is, my clothes still fit but my watch is now too big and I never had fat wrists in the first place!
7. A rare day out with No.2 Son. No, this isn’t our lounge, it’s Clara’s Cottage in Weston-Super-Mare museum – a cottage restored to its 1900 origins.
8. Teaching two ladies to sew. They were dressmaking novices so it was great to show them what they were capable of with a little encouragement.
9. The Wedding Blanket in situ – I’m so pleased it fits in with their decorating scheme.
10. Happy Mail came in the form of these two parcels of yarn from Love Knitting. All are destined to become Christmas presents.
11. I know what you’re thinking – why am I ordering more when I’ve still got so much on the go? Well, there has been ample progress on the WIP pile…
…the poncho is twice the size it was last week….
12. ….I re-sewed my polo neck jumper with seams that make me happy enough to finally wear it.
13. I finished the jumper…..
14. …and made a matching hat, but just couldn’t squeeze any more hours out of the week to make the matching Teddy Bear’s ensemble.
15. I’ll leave you with the cutest little model showing off her birthday present – it fits!