This week’s Sunday Sevens is on time! Only because the clocks went back and we were up earlier than usual; the boys were playing pool so I grabbed a few minutes in the office to do a quick post.
Pop over to Natalie at Threads and Bobbins to see what it’s all about.
1. Bought the 541,765th poppy from the Tower of London Installation a few weeks ago and found out that all 888,256 have sold out this week!! Sooo pleased we were able to secure one – well, two actually, as we bought another for my mother for Christmas only to find out that they won’t be despatched until January…
2. Collecting the eggs before school.
3. Hung the new curtains at last! Read about the charity shop designer fabric bargain in this post.
4. Painted the kitchen; which was long overdue – we realized it hadn’t been painted since we first moved in after renovations seven years ago! “Lime White” by Farrow and Ball replaced the “Cooking Apple Green” which was gorgeous, but made the room feel dark and I fancied something lighter for a change.
5. Still warm enough for naked football in the field….!
6. A visit to Auntie’s farm. Such a unique farmhouse – 450+ years old, utterly original and unspoilt complete with cheese room next to the main bedroom! I just love going back – it rekindles fond memories of staying as a child.
7. Sunday morning pool with waistcoat and bow tie! That’s what the boys are up to whilst I’m writing this.
Now, where’s my coffee….?