Linking up with Nat at Threads & Bobbins for another Sunday Sevens….
- Autumn has well and truly reached South Somerset and with it comes frost. Crunchy, beautiful…and cold!
2. Still, it was nice to light the fire and put the Christmas decorations up again for another Christmas Present Workshop. At least the weather felt more in keeping than last week’s workshop.
3. Seven more children (including No.2 and No.3 Sons) donned festive hats and spent a day making as many gifts as they could, before wrapping them up ready to put under the tree in December.
4. Socks, however, take rather more than six hours to knit. Little pleasures like my favourite stitch marker help to keep me going.
5. Tada! The second pair of Christmas socks finished.
6. I also finished Teddy’s matching jumper and hat. All I need now is to find a teddy bear that will fit said jumper.
7. We popped up to the flat to do a bit more work. I say a ‘bit’, but it’s all relative and we actually spent two days solid doing remedial works. Another couple of days effort should see it ready to put on the market.
8. Relatives were kind enough to put us up overnight as the flat currently has no furniture in it. If you look carefully, you’ll see Tess going nuts at her reflection in the mirror, daft dog.
9. Another clear, frosty morning saw us making the most of it by walking through the woods from Alfred’s Tower to Stourhead.
10. I know this photo was in my last post, but this is in context.
11. Just look at that sky!
12. Back home to a roaring fire and PJs, although I kept my socks on!
13. We took The Boys to ‘Flip Out’ in Bristol for No.2 Son’s 13th birthday on Saturday.
14. Basically, it’s a warehouse full of numerous trampolines on floors and walls, together with foam pits and foam gym ‘horses’ for Parkour (free-running).
15. Within five minutes No.2 came over sporting a sheepish grin….
16. ….Yep, he’d knocked a wobbly tooth out.
17. Luckily there was a café on site so I cast on another pair of Christmas present socks and managed quite a few rows in two hours.
18. Not the best photo as he was too eager to blow the candles out and eat the cake….
19. Sunday saw No.3 and his dance partner come 5th out of 35 couples in a 4-dance format competition.
20. My eldest came over for the afternoon and we had lunch followed by supper and a family film, during which I added to the latest socks.
See you next week!