It’s been a few weeks since I last did a Sunday Sevens round-up so, rather than recap on all that’s happened in that time, I’ll start afresh with this last week or so. Linking up with Nat at Threads & Bobbins.
1. Well, except this one – No.1 Son turned 24 a couple of weeks ago and we had a family get together at my mother’s.
2. I was gifted a button box – what treasure!
3. I procrastinated for too long over this fab cocktail cabinet in the charity shop. Went back to buy it, but it had been sold:(
4. A rare pic of my four beautiful (I’m biased) children. Didn’t manage to get them together with my step-daughters at the same time, unfortunately.
5. I’ve been nipping over to my daughter’s new home to do a bit of painting whilst she’s at work. This is the first home that she has bought with her boyfriend, so we’re trying to help where we can as there’s not much money left after the house purchase to buy anything.
Luckily, the previous owner left lots of solid furniture which just needs updating with a lick of paint. This table has had its first coat.
6. Horse riding selfie! I’m wearing the knitted, sequinned hat that Claire (Mollie & Claire) made me in my Stitching Santa parcel.
7. Mr H-L bought us matching number plates for our His ‘n’ Hers Mercedes. Cue the mid-life crisis jokes……!
8. Continuing my Teal Phase, my yoga jumper is coming on a treat. Check out the neat raglan sleeve armhole!
9. Sunday Sewing today – I’m making some boxer shorts for Mr H-L from this wicked jersey featuring different ice cream flavours.
10. I NEVER trace patterns as a rule but, as the pattern is sized from young boys up to extra large men’s, thought it would be worth the effort in case I decide to make some for The Boys too.
11. I don’t know about you, but when I’m ‘in the zone’ sewing, time flies and all thoughts of cooking meals go out of the window. Mr H-L rose to the challenge and made a lovely pie from a pheasant that I boiled up last night.
12. Just one last photo to share…..I’ve lusted after a Mulberry Bayswater handbag for years now but could never justify spending so much. Mr H-L only went and surprised me with one for Christmas! If you’re a handbag fiend yourself, you’ll understand:)