Linking up with Nat from Threads & Bobbins for another edition of Sunday Sevens – a weekly blog series showing your life outside of the blog.
1. With No.2 Son away at school and No.3 Son away on a school trip for four days, The husband and I took ourselves off to Exmoor for the day, primarily to check out a b+b which was new to the market. No, this isn’t it – just a pretty mill cottage worthy of a photo.
2. A quick pint and some pork scratchings to warm up in this 13th Century coaching inn after a walk in the snow. Built in 1290, follow the link to read its fascinating history.
3. The first day of Spring looked like this – note the rhubarb INSIDE the French windows in an effort to save them from the freezing weather.
4. Just the weather for a bread and butter pudding, made from stale bread leftover from the party.
5. Tess sat at my feet as if to say “Yes Mum, you look very nice in all that pink – NOW can we go for a walk?”.
6. With Tess curled up in her favourite place by the wood burner, some friends unexpectedly turned up at the same café, so we had a nice catch up.
7. Our Knit ‘n’ Natter session at The Slipped Stitch in Sherborne is dog friendly, as Dottie here will testify. Everyone actually makes an effort to wear what they’ve knitted as well, including the tank top on the far left. The lady in the centre is wearing her hand knitted jumper and pleated skirt – I am SO going to rock this look when I’m old enough to get away with it!!
8. Mr H-L met me afterwards for lunch at the pub opposite for a mixed fish sharing platter.
9. Last minute decision to make a baby blanket for the imminent arrival of a friend’s baby which was finished with twenty minutes to spare!
10. A tasting session of our home brews culminated in this pretty concoction of Prosecco with Sloe Gin in champagne saucers given to me for my birthday.
11. My sister gave me some old pillowcases to reuse as I see fit, so the first one was put to use as “hats” for jam made with blackberries from the freezer and apples from my mother’s tree.
12. The dresser looks better now it’s restocked.
13. Finally, the almost obligatory pic of Tess and the husband in our local pub.
That’s it for this week folks!